This easy and hearty recipe for cheesy cauliflower casserole will have everyone asking for a second serving of vegetables!
I’m guessing it’s not often that the folks around your supper table ask for seconds of vegetables (unless mashed potatoes are involved, and then all bets are off) but that is all about to change with this recipe for easy, hearty, cheesy cauliflower casserole. Full of tender cauliflower and baked in a creamy, dreamy cheese sauce, it gives a macaroni and cheese vibe but with vegetable goodness.
And while it is the perfect side for grilled chicken or steak, in my house it as has also been eaten all by its gorgeous self, because I’m here to tell you that this is one of the times that the vegetable is going to take center stage. Let’s make it!This easy recipe for cheesy cauliflower casserole will have everyone asking for vegetable seconds!Click To TweetFirst you need a nice big head of cauliflower.
Cauliflower is a weird and wonderful vegetable, don’t you think? It looks like a bouquet of flowers from another planet. A super delicious bouquet of flowers.
You want to cut that cauliflower up into nice bite-sized florets (and for a great piece on how to cut up a cauliflower, click here) and steam those florets until they are nice and tender. In the meantime, stir up a quick and easy cheese sauce that you are going to pour over the steamed cauliflower and bake until it is a wonderment of cheesy deliciousness. Here’s quick video that shows how easy it is to be cauliflower-cheesy…
Cool it off for a little bit (I know! So hard!) and then you are ready to serve up what is about to be your new favorite vegetable recipe.
You’re running out to get a cauliflower right now, aren’t you? Me too!Print
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Steam cauliflower florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 and butter a casserole.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Whisk in flour until well mixed.
- Whisk in milk and simmer until slightly thickened. Take off the heat and stir in cheese until smooth.
- Spread cauliflower in the casserole and pour the cheese sauce on top. Grind some pepper over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cool slightly and serve.