This easy recipe for mustard lime roasted salmon calls for only six ingredients and can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes! It’s equally perfect for dinner parties or a speedy weeknight supper.
The Southern husband and I are currently in our post-holiday Only Eat The Healthy Things time of the year, but eating healthy does not mean eating boring.
And that is where this scrumptious, super-fast, super easy recipe for mustard lime roasted salmon comes in.
Only 6 ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep time, 15 minutes in the oven and then you are sitting down to a fast and fabulous seafood supper.
Ready to jump on the healthy eating train with us? Let’s make it!
Among other reasons for eating healthy at this particular moment in time is that as I may have mentioned a couple thousand times or so, we have a wedding coming up.
And our wedding duds are all lined up, and we need to fit into them by the time March rolls around. I’ve had my dress for a while now, but the Southern husband just got fitted for his tux this past weekend.
Is he a handsome devil or what?
Here’s how you make mustard lime roasted salmon!
You want a nice boneless salmon filet, which you are going to slather with a mixture of sour cream and mustard. Roast it up for about 15 minutes, give it another slather of a mustard and lime juice mixture, and you are done!
I like to pull it apart into chunks and scatter some chives on top, and we have been known to eat it right off of the pan.
Leaving us exactly zero dishes to wash at the end of the evening. I know, it just keeps getting better and better!
Do you have any healthy eating recipes we should know about as we march towards the big day? Tell me in the comments!Print
This easy recipe for mustard lime roasted salmon calls for only 6 ingredients and can be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 pound boneless salmon filet
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard (see note)
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the sour cream and one tablespoon of spicy brown mustard together and spread it over the salmon. Place the salmon on the prepared baking dish and roast for 15 minutes.
- Cut the lime in half, and squeeze the juice from one half into a small bowl and mix with the grainy mustard. Cut the other half of the lime into wedges.
- When the salmon comes out the oven, spread the lime juice mixture over the top of it. Using 2 forks, pull it into chunks, sprinkle with chives and serve!
If you want a milder taste, use grainy mustard in place of the spicy brown mustard when you are making the sour cream mixture.
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!