I’ve said it before, but one of the best things about this little blog is all the great recipes folks have been sharing with me. This delectable muffin recipe is one of them, given to me by my good friend Toni who is one of my favorite fellow cooking enthusiasts, and who has promised to bring me over some of her homemade gnocchi one day. Hopefully it will be one day SOON.
In the meantime she passed along this recipe for blueberry muffins. These muffins are sweetened with maple syrup instead of sugar, which makes them just perfect to be sharing with you while I am off in the mountains of Vermont, undoubtedly stocking up on maple syrup and maple sugar candy left and right.
The recipe says these are just like little pancakes you can eat with your hands — sweet and buttery with the blueberries and the syrup baked right in. They took less than 30 minutes start to finish, including baking time, and man did my kitchen smell like heaven. If heaven includes butter and maple syrup, which I am pretty sure it does.
So thanks for the recipe, Toni! And thanks to everyone else who has been so generous about sending me recipes; I am going to diligently, happily work my way through all of them. Yum!
Adapted from The Muffin BookPrint
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, milk and melted butter. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Carefully fold in berries.
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups and bake until golder brown, about 15-18 minutes.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!