Now heat up a large skillet, and if you have an electric griddle even better. If your skillet is nonstick you don’t need anything, but if not coat it with a little vegetable oil. Scoop up 1/4 cup amounts of the fritter mixture and add to the skillet, flattening it down gently into a pancake shape. Let it get nice and golden on one side and then carefully flip until it is golden on the other side as well.
Sprinkle with a little sea salt and some cracked pepper if you like, and that’s it! You have pulled ahead in the zucchini race in a most delicious way!
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup regular or almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus extra for shrinking
- Vegetable oil for greasing the pan
- Heat skillet or electric griddle to medium high. Grease with vegetable oil if pan is not non-stick.
- Mix grated zucchini, egg, flour and salt together until well mixed. Scoop out fritter mixture in ¼ cup amounts and add to skillet or griddle.
- Flatten gently into pancake shape and cook until golden brown on one side. Gently flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Remove and sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!