This easy recipe for steak with parmesan butter will take your meal from good to FANTASTIC! Jazz up your dinner tonight with this delicious addition.
It’s amazing how some of the simplest things can take regular to FANTASTIC. Take this steak with parmesan butter, for example. Before you add the parmesan butter, you have a very nice, juicy but regular steak. But now top it with a generous dollop of creamy, tangy parmesan butter. The butter will immediately start to melt down the top and sides of the warm steak, and the parmesan cheese will give everything a tangy, cheesy taste, and all of the sudden your very nice steak is Out Of This World. And personally I will take Out Of This World over very nice any day of the week.
And speaking of things that are Out Of This World, is there anything better than the first crisp early fall evening – the one that tells you that yes, it’s time to take out the sweaters and make soup and break in the fire pit for the first fire of the fall season? I love that first fire. Not as much as SOME members of my family, who always need to get the best seat.
But I do love it. And since we were outside anyway, I had the Southern husband grill us up a couple of steaks. You can use whatever steak you like for this recipe, but since we were in a celebratory, hello fall kind of mood, we went all out and grilled up a couple of filet mignons. Right before they went on the grill, I mashed up a mixture of butter, grated parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper. You want the butter and the cheese at room temperature for maximum meltage potential, and you want it ready for when the steaks come off the grill.
The minute the steaks are off the grill, slather them up with a tablespoon or two of the butter. Then tent them with foil the way I know you always do to let the juices rest. Five minutes later, the butter will be nice and melty, and it will be time for you to dig into some Out Of This World steak.
Do you have some favorite ways to kick your steak up a notch? Tell me in the comments – you know I can never leave well enough alone, because where’s the fun in that?Print
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces steak, your choice of cut (I used two 4 ounce filet mignons for this recipe)
- Heat grill to high.
- Mix together butter, cheese and pepper and set aside.
- Grill steaks to your favorite degree of doneness. We like ours medium rare, which is about 4 minutes per side for fillets – they should be 125 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove steak from grill and quickly spread with parmesan butter. Tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes, then serve.