This recipe definitely ranks in the top ten of my favorites for entertaining, because it is utterly easy, utterly reliable, utterly delicious and takes a grand total of 15 minutes to cook up. Tender shrimp, sassy feta cheese, crispy crunchy breadcrumbs, served up with a sprinkle of parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. We are talking supper heaven here. And ps, if you don’t have a dinner party in your immediate future, this is is just as good on a regular old weeknight. Let’s make it!Shrimp, feta cheese and crispy bread crumbs make delicious music together in this easy recipe!Click To TweetAs with any recipe that you make with just a few ingredients, you want to make sure each and every one is as good as it can get. You want the nicest extra large shrimp you can find…I try to go for the wild caught ones at my neighborhood supermarket’s fish counter. Same for the feta cheese – head for the cheese counter instead of getting the pre-crumbled stuff. And fresh breadcrumbs are so easy to make – just drop a couple of slices of bread in your food processor and give them a whirl…instant perfect bread crumbs.
The shrimp roast up with a drizzle of olive oil and some of that cheese, and in the meantime you can be toasting up your breadcrumbs, and before you know it, you will be sitting down to a warm plate of cheesy, shrimpy deliciousness! And basking in the adoring compliments of your fellow diners of course. Don’t tell how easy it is!
- I pound peeled shrimp (the big ones!)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the shrimp on the pan in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Scatter half of the cheese on top of the shrimp and roast for 10 minutes or until pink.
- While the shrimp are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add breadcrumbs and a pinch each of salt and pepper and stir until crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Divide shrimp among plates and sprinkle with crumbs, parsley and the remaining cheese. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve with lemon wedges on the side.