Now dish it up into bowls and top it with a little more cheese and some salsa.
So the next time you get a taco craving, give this pasta version a try. You may ditch the crunchy shells altogether!
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ package taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- One 14.5 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole for garnish
- Brown beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat until beef is browned and onion is tender. Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cream cheese and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in pasta and cheddar and stir until cheddar is melted.
- Serve at once, topped with a little more shredded cheddar, salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole!