The rest of the recipe includes whisking up a lovely scampi sauce of shallots, white wine, and of course garlic, lemon juice (fresh please!) and butter. You also need some nice big shrimp, which you are going to toss into the sauce and cook just until they are tender and perfect
With all this deliciousness going on, 3 shrimp and 3 ravioli drizzled with a generous amount of this scrumptious sauce is going to be just enough for each of your lucky scampi-eaters. Scatter a few pieces of shaved parmesan on the top of each dish, give it a grinding of pepper, and there you have it. Two great tastes that taste great together…happy shrimp scampi ravioli!
Serves: 4 servings
- 12 large cheese ravioli - the best you can find!
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- ¾ cup white wine
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- Juice from one lemon
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil so that it is ready when you want to cook the ravioli.
- 2. Add one tablespoon of butter to a medium size skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and stir until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Stir in wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4. Add the shrimp and cook just until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- 5. Now add remaining butter, cube by cube, stirring until each one is melted into the sauce. Stir in lemon juice.
- 6. While the sauce is cooking, add the ravioli gently to the boiling water (I like to lower them in with a slotted spoon) and cook according to package directions until just done, usually about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a single layer on a plate until the sauce is finished.
- 7. Divide the ravioli between four plates, and add three shrimp to each plate. Spoon a generous portion of sauce over each serving, garnish with shaved parmesan and serve at once!