This easy recipe for chicken bruschetta pasta takes a classic summer appetizer and turns it into supper. Welcome to your new favorite chicken pasta recipe, full of bright summer flavors and ready in no time!
So, let me explain the bruschetta part of this chicken bruschetta pasta plate of deliciousness. A bruschetta is a lovely piece of bread that is usually rubbed with olive oil and grilled and topped with fresh veggies, often with a balsamic vinegar dressing.
And what if I added in a little grilled chicken, to get some good and good for you protein in there?
I think you know how things turned out. Ready to dig into your own plate of chicken bruschetta pasta? Let’s make it!
In addition to being delicious, the bright and cheery colors of the tomatoes and corn and basil make this dish just plain beautiful. You know what else is just plain beautiful?
The Southern daughter’s engagement pictures, taken by the amazing Lauren Garrett.
And yes, you eagle-eyed Clemson fans, that’s where they are. Celebrating their engagement in the place where they met and fell in love.
I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying. Happy happy mother-of-the-bride tears. Sob.
Where was I? Oh yes – chicken bruschetta pasta.
Here’s how you make chicken bruschetta pasta!
You want some chicken, some corn and tomatoes and basil, and some nice balsamic vinegar dressing.
One way or the other, you are going to marinate your chicken in the dressing for a few hours, and then send someone responsible out to the grill to cook it up while you do the rest.
This easy recipe for chicken bruschetta pasta takes a classic summer appetizer and turns it into supper! Welcome to your new favorite chicken pasta recipe. The topping is a happy mixture of all those veggies. You’ll cook the onion and corn ever so quickly in a little butter while the pasta is cooking, and make sure to scoop out a little pasta water before you drain it, because that’s going to help you make a nice light sauce out of the pan drippings and a little Parmesan cheese.
When the chicken is done, all that’s left to to is assemble the plates of chicken bruschetta pasta.
Now if you will excuse me I am going to go gaze at those engagement pictures for another million years or so. Young love! Happy sigh…
Still Hungry? Click on the title of these delicious recipes!
Classic Bruschetta Recipe from Add A Pinch
Bruschetta with Roasted Tomato, Ricotta and Prosciutto, from Framed Cooks
Sweet Pepper and Chorizo Bruschetta Polenta Bites from The Beach House KitchenPrint
This easy recipe for chicken bruschetta pasta takes a classic summer appetizer and turns it into supper! Welcome to your new favorite chicken pasta recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (see note)
- 8 ounces linguine
- ½ sweet onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Kernels from 4 ears of corn
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Marinate chicken in balsamic dressing for 4 hours or up to overnight. Discard marinade and grill until done, about 4 minutes per side over high heat. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Scoop out a cup of pasta water before you drain the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add corn and stir for one more minute.
- Add pasta, tomatoes and remaining butter to the to the skillet and toss. Add cheese and enough pasta water to make a light sauce and top again.
- Divide pasta mixture among four plates, top with chicken and garnish with basil. Serve at once.
I used Rao’s Balsamic Vinaigrette, but you can also make your own – click here for my favorite version from Gimme Some Oven!