Move over, chicken noodle soup! The chicken ramen soup is in town, and is ready in a snap with this easy recipe. Welcome to your new favorite lunch!
I was all set to tell you how this chicken ramen soup recipe was inspired by the episode on ramen chef extraordinare Ivan Orkin on Chef’s Table (and if you have not yet watched Chef’s Table boy do you have a treat in store for you!). I was going to tell you how this bowl of shredded chicken and baby spinach and flavorful broth and ramen noodles is my new favorite version of chicken noodle soup. Yep, this post was going to be my ode to the wonder of ramen. But literally as I was in the midst of typing away, THIS HAPPENED…
My phone rang saying the Southern daughter would like to FaceTime, so I stopped typing to have our regular “before the Clemson football game” chat, but as it turns out she had something else she wanted to chat about.
OH MY GOODNESS.
OH MY GOODNESS.
That beautiful ring is on the finger of this person.
Who five minutes ago looked like this.
AND IS NOW GETTING MARRIED. To the sweetest guy outside of the Southern husband by the way – we love him to the moon and back. Here is my beautiful baby girl and her FIANCE.
Is there anything better than a Tiger paw on your cheek and a sparkly ring on your finger?
No. No there is not. Not even this delectable chicken ramen soup, which is pretty dang wonderful. And while I know I usually walk you through the recipe, my head is spinning with so many wonderful things that I am just going to let you read the recipe. I promise you are going to love it.
Did I mention this little girl is getting married????
Love, the Mother Of The Bride!Print
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 three ounce packages ramen noodles (toss out the flavor packet)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes a side.
- Add scallions, ginger, chicken broth and soy sauce to the pot and bring to a simmer. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add noodles to the simmering broth and cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and baby spinach and simmer until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper – you can also add a little more soy sauce if you like.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!