This recipe for roasted chopped Brussels sprouts with feta cheese and walnuts is GUARANTEED to make a Brussels sprouts lover out of anyone! Crispy and savory and cheesy and scrumptious.
This recipe for chopped Brussels sprouts with feta cheese may be among the most exciting things I have ever written about on my blog. Maybe not to you, although I think you are going to fall head over heels for crispy, tender chopped sprouts mixed with tangy feta cheese and roasted walnuts. But for me, it is a personal and hard-won triumph in that I have converted the Southern husband over to the Brussels Sprouts Side. Up until now, I had to sneak them into things like chicken salad with Brussels sprouts, and even that didn’t really work.
But this is a bona-fide all Brussels sprouts all the time side dish where the sprouts are front and center…and he likes it! He really likes it! My work is hereby finished. Except for…let’s make some!
Side note: yes, I realize that St. Patrick’s Day is only hours away, and I really should be posting about scones and other Irish scrumptiousness. But because I need to immediately share the Brussels sprouts excitement, this dignified photograph will have to do…
Little brothers, is all I have to say about that one. And please click here for my recipe for Irish eggs benedict, which will help you out with all that leftover corned beef you are about to have.
This recipe for roasted chopped Brussels sprouts with feta cheese and walnuts is GUARANTEED to make a Brussels sprouts lover out of anyone! #ThanksgivingMeantime, back at the Brussels sprouts.
Get yourself a pile of them, trim them up and chop them up in your food processor. Toss them with with some olive oil and salt and pepper, stir in some chopped walnuts and broil them until both the sprouts and the walnuts star to look a little charred in places. Charred is very good. Now transfer them to a bowl and toss them with some crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle this bowl of wonderfulness with a little more olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
You now have a bowl full of heaven. Go serve it to the Brussels sprouts skeptics in your life!Print
This recipe for roasted chopped Brussels sprouts with feta cheese and walnuts is GUARANTEED to make a Brussels sprouts lover out of anyone!
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and preheat the broiler.
- Pulse the sprouts in your food processor until they are roughly chopped.
- Toss the chopped sprouts with olive oil and walnuts and spread in a layer on the baking sheet. Broil just until the sprouts and the nuts look a little charred in places, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss in the feta. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, sprinkle with a little more sea salt and pepper and serve.