So gently heat up your coconut milk to a simmer and stir in some steel cut oatmeal. Give it a stir and let it cook until the oatmeal is nice and tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Now stir in some chopped almonds and a little sweetened flaked coconut. Dish it up, and give it a drizzle of honey, a little more flaked coconut and a scattering of fresh lime zest.
Scoop up a spoonful that has a little bit of everything in it and savor that first tropical bite. You’ll start appreciating your humble box of oatmeal in a whole new way!
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup steel cut oatmeal
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut (plus more for garnish)
- Zest from one lime
- Honey for drizzling
- Bring coconut milk to simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in oatmeal and simmer until oatmeal is tender, about 15-20 minutes
- Stir in flaked coconut and almonds.
- Divide among bowls and garnish with a little more flaked coconut, lime zest and a little honey.