Assuming your leftover grilled chicken makes it through safely, this lovely dish simply involves shredding it up and tossing it together with some cooked and cooled rice, some halved cherry tomatoes, a little chopped fresh basil, some olive oil and lemon juice a little salt and pepper. All in one dish. It’s so easy, it’s almost not fair.
But hey, it’s summertime, and the living is easy. Almost. One more week!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (grilled chicken works wonderfully for this recipe!)
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup sliced fresh basil
- Make dressing by combining olive oil and lemon juice in a small jar and shaking vigorously.
- Put chicken and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add rice and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, add basil. Serve with a little more ground pepper on top.