Now roll the dough into little balls (about one inch across), and then roll the balls in a little powdered sugar until the are nice and coated. And that’s it – you’re done.
Seriously! Done. Homemade cookies. Ready for the eating. Sometimes the easiest things are also the most delicious!
Serves: About 30 rum balls
- 1¾ cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 cup Nilla Wafer fine crumbs (from about 1½ cups cookies processed to crumbs in food processor)
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts (from about ¾ cup walnut pieces processed to crumbs in food processor)
- 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 1. Combine sugar, cookie crumbs, walnuts, butter, 2 tablespoons water and extract in mixer. Mix until a stiff dough forms, adding another tablespoon of water if needed to make the dough come together.
- 2. Take scant tablespoons of dough and roll them in your hands into ball shapes, and then roll in powdered sugar to coat.