Now whirl the whole thing in the food processor until its a paste. Now you are going to drizzle in some olive oil until it is a lovely dip consistency, along with a few spoonfuls of lemon juice. Season it with a little salt and pepper, spoon it into a pretty dish, and drizzle some nice olive oil on top. Grind on some pepper, sprinkle a few chives on top and voila! One less thing crossed off your holiday dinner list. I like this with pita chips and pieces of endive, but pretty much anything will taste terrific dipped into this. I mean, we are talking artichokes here.
Happy delicious holidays, everyone!
Recipe from Everyday Food
- 4 slices day-old crusty white bread with crusts removed, torn into 2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 box (9 ounces) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives, for serving
- Put bread in a medium bowl and pour one cup of water over it. Squeeze as much water as you can out of the bread and then put the wet bread into a food processor.
- Add anchovies, artichokes and sugar and whirl everything in the food processor until a smooth paste forms.
- Keep the food processor running and slowly pour the oil through the feed tube, followed by the lemon juice, and process until everything is nice and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a serving dish, drizzle with a little more oil and sprinkle with fresh chives. Serve with bread, chips and/or veggies - endive is especially nice!
- To serve, top with chives and a drizzle of oil.