And so this little sandwich was born. I cut up little squares of bread, and spread them with some soft creamy Brie cheese that I mixed up with a little chopped fresh dill. I popped a cool cucumber slice on top of the cheese, and then a slice of chilled shrimp on top of that. One more sprig of dill, and we were all set. A little plate of England, right there in my New Jersey living room (where just for the record, the Southern husband is also surrounded by females, including the dog).
(That’s the look we get when we are eating pretty much anything, tea sandwiches included.)
Now dust off your teapot and make yourself up some tea sandwiches! They’ll turn your ordinary lunchtime into something happily, easily elegant before you know it.
- 6 slices firm white bread, crusts cut off and cut into quarters
- 12 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, cooked, cooled and cut in half length-wise
- 24 thin slices of cucumber
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
- Mix brie with the minced dill, stirring until dill is mixed throughout the cheese.
- Spread each bread square with cheese mixture.
- Top each piece of bread with a cucumber round and a shrimp half.
- Garnish with a piece of dill and serve on a pretty plate with a cup of tea. Feel very elegant.
Fresh Mint Tea from Framed Cooks
Mocha Scones from My Baking Addiction
Green Goddess Tea Sandwiches from Joy The Baker