Happy spring, everyone!
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- 1 pound thin veal cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thinly
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 42 Place asparagus on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat and cook veal for two minutes on each side. Remove veal from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to pan along with wine and lemon juice and bring to simmer.
- Place veal in baking dish, top with asparagus and sliced mozzarella and run under broiler until cheese melts. Top with pan sauce.
Naked Ravioli, from Framed Cooks
Veal Artichoke Ragout, from Framed Cooks
Fettuccine with A Savory Veal Sauce, from Leite’s Culinaria