I haven’t yet gotten around to making the eggnog french toast I have been dreaming about, but I did want to get you this eggnog fudge before the holidays had come and gone, and here it, just in the Saint Nick of time. This comes to us from Recipe Girl, who by the way has some pretty fabulous looking Christmas cookies on her site right now.
This is a quick and easy fudge that is made mainly out of white chocolate (I used Ghiradelli), marshmallow creme fluff and, of course, eggnog. Those brown flecks are fresh ground nutmeg, which always makes things smell like everything is right with the world. It comes together in a snap, and if you chill it in the fridge it will be ready super-fast.
By the way, I wanted to point out that plate the fudge is sitting on. That is one of my Twelve Days of Christmas plates, and I LOVE them. They are a Christmas Dessert Tradition in my house.I don’t think they make this particular variety anymore, but I did spot some that were very merry here. In the meantime, here’s some great eggnog fudge for you. Happy Merry!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup dairy eggnog
- 10.5 ounces white chocolate bars, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, plus a little more for the top of the fudge
- One 7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp rum extract
- Line an 8 or 9-inch square pan with foil and let it hang over the sides. Butter the foil.
- In a heavy, 3-quart saucepan combine sugar, butter and eggnog. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat or until a candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
- Using a wooden spoon, work quickly to stir in chopped white chocolate and nutmeg until chocolate is melted and smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme and rum extract. Beat until well blended and then pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle a little freshly ground nutmeg on top. Let stand at room temperature until cooled. Refrigerate if you’d like to speed up the process.
- When completely cool, cut into squares. Store in a covered container.