This easy recipe for lobster BLT sandwiches with brie cheese takes the classic lunchtime favorite to incredible new levels of flavor. Tender lobster, creamy brie cheese and a squeeze of lemon join the bacon, lettuce and tomato for an open-faced sandwich that you will remember long after the last bite!
We all know how I feel about bacon, and my love for bacon of course extends into all kinds of BLT sandwich love, but with this latest recipe for lobster BLT sandwiches with brie cheese, I think I may have found the love of my life, BLT-wise. In this sandwich, B stands for both bacon and Brie, and L stands for both lettuce and lobster. And LOVE, because that is how I felt about every creamy, crunchy bite! Ready for the BLT sandwich of your dreams? Let’s make it!
Ingredients are of course important for any recipe, but in this case you want the very very best of all the different parts, because this is an Event Sandwich. I used my beloved Oscar’s bacon, and a lovely, sweet heirloom tomato. I found the creamiest Brie cheese I could find, and made sure it was nice and room temperature soft. Some butter lettuce, a nice plump lemon and (optional but oh so good!) some fragrant fresh thyme leaves.
And of course the lobster – I use one lobster for two sandwiches, and I have it steamed at my supermarket (most markets will do that for you free of charge). The Southern husband shelled it for me, and I tore it up into bite-sized pieces. As for the bread, you can use whatever your favorite is – I picked a nice sourdough – but as you will see, you only need one, because this is a knife and fork open-faced sandwich so that we can pile on all of these amazing ingredients.
So what do you think? Do you have other ideas for upping my BLT game? Tell me in the comments!
Still Hungry? Click on the title of these delicious recipes!
BLT Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap, from Mom On Time-Out
Warm Bacon Spinach Salad, from The Lean Green Bean
Lobster Scrambled Eggs, from Framed Cooks
This easy recipe for lobster BLT sandwiches with brie cheese takes the classic lunchtime favorite to incredible new levels of flavor.
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 lobster, steamed, shelled and torn into pieces
- 2 slices sourdough or other country bread
- Olive oil
- 2–3 ounces brie or other soft cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 4 lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 slices tomato (preferably local, or heirloom)
- Lemon peel and juice from one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lay the bacon slices on a rimmed baking dish and cook until done to your liking, 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Brush bread slices with a little olive oil and toast until just golden.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: Generously spread bread with cheese and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Top with lettuce and tomato, then bacon and finally the lobster meat. Drizzle some lemon juice on top, and garnish with lemon peel and a little more thyme.
- Serve to your lucky diners – they will want a fork and knife to manage all this deliciousness!