This super simple recipe for peanut butter bacon sliders is, yes, an unusual combination of flavors, but I promise it will soon join your favorite burger list, especially if you are a peanut butter lover!
I know, I probably lost some of you right at the title of peanut butter bacon sliders, but I promise – promise!- that if you let me make my pitch you might reconsider. So here goes. Little bite-sized burgers, slathered with the sweet and creamy taste of your favorite peanut butter, topped with the salty, chewy heaven that is thick cut bacon, all held together by a pillowy soft slider roll.
Yes? Do I have you just a teeny bit intrigued? Then let’s make them!
If you are worried about the whole sweet peanut butter thing, I submit to you that ketchup – the traditional burger topping – is all kinds of sweet. And I’m SURE I don’t have to talk you into putting bacon on your burger. I like to use thick cut bacon that is cooked up with a little brown sugar and black pepper to give it a little sass.
So once your burgers are cooked up to your liking, slather them with your favorite peanut butter (we like Skippy when I am not making my own) and a piece of that bacon, and I highly recommend Kings Hawaiian rolls – the dinner rolls are the perfect size – for these burgers.
If you try this burger experiment with me, I am 99.9999999999999% sure you will be a peanut butter and bacon burger convert. Am I right? Let me know in the comments!Print
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 6 slider or dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 450 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine sugar and pepper and press on to bacon slices. Place on baking sheet and cook until crispy, about 10 minutes,
- Form beef into 6 small patties and cook in a skillet or electric griddle over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Cut bacon into 3 pieces per slice. Assemble as follows: slider roll, topped with burger, slathered with peanut butter, topped with bacon piece, with slider roll on top.
- Serve at once. Wonder how it took you so long to realize that peanut butter and burgers are perfect together!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!