This recipe for coffee walnut chocolate chip muffins has all the good things in it! Perfect for brunch, dessert or when you want a perfect snack.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say: this recipe for coffee walnut chocolate chip muffins is my all-time favorite muffin recipe. And this is coming from the girl who has a serious crush on middle of the cinnamon roll muffins, not to mention bacon and egg muffins. But these delectable muffins are in a category all their own, which I think has something to do with the chocolate and coffee and walnut flavor combo that they have going on. Whatever it is, you need them on your own muffin list. So let’s make them!
I wish I could take credit for inventing this deliciousness, but I owe these muffins to The Frog Commissary Cookbook, which I love so much I had to buy a second copy because my first was literally so well-used that the pages were falling out. You need a copy too, because in addition to these glorious muffins, this cookbook is full of so many delectable recipes I can’t even tell you.
What’s so special about these muffins? Well, they are a combination of chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and coffee, in a thick brown sugar batter that will have you seriously considering skipping the whole pesky baking stage and just eating the batter with a spoon. But don’t, because these babies bake up into decadent, tender muffins in no time flat.
They would be the perfect holiday gift if you tucked them into a nice basket or a pretty plate and covered them with clear acetate wrap and some nice ribbon. If you really, really love the person you could also give them the recipe. Or you might just want to hold on to it for yourself as your secret muffin weapon.
So there you go…your search for the world’s most amazing muffin is now officially over. Give them a try.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. Spray liners lightly with cooking spray.
- Put butter, sugars, coffee and vanilla in a mixer and beat for a full minute.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a third bowl. Alternately add the wet and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing at slow speed until just combined.
- Add chips and walnuts and stir until just combined. Divide among muffin tins, filling until almost full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then remove from tin and cool on racks.
Adapted ever so slightly from The Frog Commissary Cookbook