It’s apple season! And when apple season rolls around, the Southern husband and I head to our very favorite apple orchard and pick way too many apples, because it is amazing how quickly two people can pick three pecks of apples even when they are trying to pick slowly and make it last. So three pecks of apples = lots of homemade applesauce, and lots of homemade applesauce = applesauce blender muffins.
This is hands down the easiest recipe in my repertoire of muffin recipes. Put everything in your blender, push the button, pour the batter into a muffin tin, bake and eat. And yes, you can use store-bought applesauce and they will turn out just fine. Let’s make them!
We really did pick three pecks, which is a whole lotta apples, so I am running through my entire store of any recipe that calls for an apple.
Starting with my favorite, favorite recipe for homemade applesauce. Which (bonus points!) makes the whole house smell like apple heaven.
However, once you have made a giant vat of applesauce since you picked three pecks of apples, and you have given a mason jar of applesauce to everyone you know, then it’s time to start using the applesauce as an ingredient as well. Which is where these applesauce blender muffins come in.
They are as easy as putting the applesauce and a few other things that you probably have in your pantry right this minute into the blender, pushing the button, and then baking up the batter. Here’s my favorite blender, but your blender will work just fine too. And if you haven’t picked three pecks of apples and made a vat of applesauce, store bought applesauce will work just fine, especially the unsweetened kind.
Let them cool just a little bit and then eat the first one (or two, or three) while they are still warm.
Easy applesauce muffins dusted with cinnamon sugar…happy apple season!Print
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup regular sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspooon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup applesauce
- Cinnamon sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners. Spray the liners with cooking spray.
- Put all ingredients except for cinnamon sugar in your blender and blend for 30 seconds, stopping halfway through to stir and mixture and scrape down the inside of the blender.
- Pour the muffin batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle each muffin with a pinch of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool just a little and then eat the first ones while they are still warm!