Ice cream, peanut butter cups, pretzels and chocolate sauce – all your favorite things in one delectable dessert. Make some peanut butter cup and pretzel ice cream cake for someone you love today! They will absolutely love you back.
Still ruminating about what to make your mom for Mother’s Day dessert? I’m happy to tell you that you still have time to make a cool and easy ice cream cake that will delight both your mama and whomever else happens to be gathered around your Mother’s Day table.
You don’t have to tell anyone that it’s a super-fast concoction of your favorite vanilla ice cream, chopped up peanut butter cups, chopped pretzels and chocolate sauce that took you about 15 minutes to make. I won’t if you won’t.
The one thing you do have to do is leave enough time for it to freeze properly. I like to give it a good six to eight hours, just to make sure it is firm enough to cut nice well-behaved slices. The actual putting-together of this scrumptiousness really will only take you about 15 minutes or so, and here’s how it goes.
Here’s how you make peanut butter cup and pretzel ice cream cake!
First line a loaf pan with either parchment paper or plastic wrap, making sure you leave enough to hang over the sides. Take your container of softened ice cream (you want it just soft enough so that you can press it easily into the pan) and fill the loaf pan half full of ice cream.
Ice cream, peanut butter cups, pretzels and chocolate sauce - all your favorite things in one delectable dessert. Make some peanut butter cup and pretzel ice cream cake today!Now generously sprinkle the ice cream with chopped up peanut butter cups. Press the remaining ice cream on top, and cover it up with more chopped peanut butter cups and chopped pretzels.
Next pop the loaf pan into the very back of your freezer and do something else for about eight hours. Once your cake is nice and frozen, carefully lift it out of the pan, using the ends of the parchment paper or plastic wrap that you cleverly put in place.
Peel it off and place your cake on a pretty platter.
Now grab your favorite chocolate sauce (click here for mine) and drizzle, drizzle, drizzle. And then stand back and let compliments wash over you.
And remember, it’s our secret.
Ice cream, peanut butter cups, pretzels and chocolate sauce – all your favorite things in one delectable dessert.
- 3 pints of your favorite vanilla ice cream, softened
- 30 chocolate peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists, broken into pieces
- Chocolate sauce, heated as needed for drizzling
- Line a loaf pan with either plastic wrap or parchment paper. Use enough so that it hangs over the sides by a few inches.
- Press half of ice cream into the bottom of the pan. Scatter half the peanut butter cups over the ice cream. Press the remaining ice cream on top, and scatter the remaining peanut butter cups on top along with the pretzels. Press down slightly so they adhere to the ice cream.
- Put the loaf pan into the back of your freezer (where it is coldest) and freeze for at least 6 hours until it is firm (and up to overnight).
- Remove from the freezer and using the overhang of the wrap or paper, carefully lift it out of the pan. Peel the wrap off and transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Cut into slices and serve at once.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!