Okay, here we go! Take a handful of your favorite tortilla chips and crush them into bite sized pieces, and lay them on the bottom of a pie plate, please.
Now top the chips with some ground beef that you have sauteed with some chopped onion and some taco sauce. Here’s where you can control the spiciness…if you like things spicy, use the hotter version of the taco sauce. If you are a wimp like me, use the mild version.
Serves: 4 servings
- ½ pund ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ cup taco sauce (as spicy as you like!)
- 1½ cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Jack cheese
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup sour cream, thinned with a couple teaspoons of milk if you want to drizzle it!
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.
- 2. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat and saute the beef and onion together until the meat is no longer pink. Stir in the taco sauce and set aside.
- 3. Scatter half of the tortilla chips in the bottom of an oven-proof pie plate and spoon the meat mixture over the chips.
- 4. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- 5. Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, then avocado, then sour cream, then remaining chips, then lettuce.
- 6. Serve at once, scooping all the way to the bottom to get a bite of everything!