This recipe for easy little clam fritters will add some spice to your supper! Think of them as a seafood spin on pancakes – simple and oh so delicious!
Does anyone else automatically raise their hand when the word “fritter” is spoken? As in, YES I WOULD LIKE SOME OF THOSE FRITTERS PLEASE!” Personally, I’ve never met a fritter I didn’t like, from apple fritters to corn fritters, but until I made these clam fritters it didn’t actually occur to me that I could fritter something into an actual main course. As in, we are having fritters for dinner tonight, honey. I promise you right here and now that those eight words will get the table set faster than you can say fritter. And these clam fritters take almost as little time to fritter up.
This recipe for easy little clam fritters will add some spice to your supper! Think of them as a seafood spin on pancakes. #recipeClick To Tweet
You need chopped clams, an egg, some chopped shallots, some red pepper and one of my all-time beloved cooking ingredients, Bisquick. Yep, I am a Bisquick-loving girl and proud of it. I am such a Bisquick lover that about a million years ago when the Southern husband and I were first married…
…I sent away for a genuine Bisquick holder, which is a sturdy plastic Bisquick-shaped container with an airtight lid with recipes for Bisquick dumplings and pancakes and waffles printed on the side. I still have it, and it is full of Bisquick at all times. Because you never know.
Anyway, you are going to mix up all these ingredients into a lovely fritter batter and then drop spoonfuls of the batter into a skillet with some hot oil in it. They take about one minute per side to get to that golden brown color. I popped them onto a plate, scattered some parsley on top, drizzled them with a little Sriracha sauce and served them up with some coleslaw on the side.
That was one happy supper, let me tell you. Fritters = happiness!Print
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 6.5 ounce chan of chopped clams with their juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3/4 cup Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Chopped fresh parsley and Sriracha or other hot sauce for garnish
- Stir egg, clams, cam juice and shallot together. Stir in Bisquick and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high. When the oil is hot, carefully drop batter by 1/8 cup amounts into the pan. Cook for one minute per side, then turn and cook one minute more until deep golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels for a minute or so, then serve garnished with parsley and a little Sriracha sauce. Makes about 8 small fritters.