This quick and delicious recipe for pineapple chicken adds the rich flavors of mustard, honey and pineapple to this easy skillet chicken dinner. With just a few extra ingredients you can take your everyday chicken dinner from good to just plain scrumptious!
This pineapple chicken recipe is one of my favorites for when I want the quick and easy of a chicken dinner, but I want a little flair to it. In this case, the flair comes from chunks of sweet pineapple and a speedy sauce made from mustard, honey and a few other things I’m sure you have in your pantry right this minute.
I wasn’t planning on the cashews, but I happened to have some hanging around and we have a strict “No Ingredient Left Behind” rule in our house, and they added a nice salty crunch. (I also have two unused leeks lurking in the refrigerator right this second waiting for inspiration to strike. Send suggestions.)
This quick and delicious recipe for pineapple chicken adds the rich flavors of mustard, honey and pineapple to this easy skillet chicken dinner. This recipe would be delectable over rice or farro or even pasta, but we were being virtuous the night I took its picture, so I went with some nice cheery green broccoli.
But you be you, side dish-wise…as long as you give this easy peasy pineapple chicken a try!Print
This quick and delicious recipe for pineapple chicken adds the rich flavors of mustard, honey and pineapple to this easy skillet chicken dinner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (see note)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 twenty ounce can unsweetened pineapple
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Sprinkle chicken with the thyme, salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken over medium high heat until browned, about 4 minutes per side.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple into chunks and set aside.
- Mix up cornstarch and 2 tablespoons juice until smooth and set aside. Mix the mustard, honey, garlic and remaining pineapple juice, pour it into the skillet and bring it to a boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer everything up for 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the skillet and bring to a boil. Whisk it for 2 minutes or until the sauce is nice and thickened.
- Return chicken to the skillet along with the pineapple and give everything a good stir. Divide among plates and serve!
You can swap in a teaspoon of dried thyme if you don’t have any fresh on hand.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. And if you make this recipe, I would love you to tag @FramedCooks on Instagram so I can see the deliciousness!