So, How Do I Make These Adorable Mini Pancake Muffins?
You make them by mixing up that buttermilk with some egg, melted butter and maple syrup, and adding in some flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and of course those chocolate chips!
If you love pancakes, you are going to love this recipe for these cute mini pancake muffins with chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast or a sweet snack! The batter goes into a mini muffin pan and after they cool a little, run a paring knife or a toothpick around the edges to loosen them up. TI also flipped them around a bit in the muffin tin so that they bottom didn’t keep getting browner while they cooked.
As for the cooling, I didn’t let them cool TOO long because the ravenous Southern husband was circling. I’d say about after 5 minutes of cooling, they were on the plate. I served us up about 5 each…AND…get ready, this is the very best part…
I put out little bowls of melted butter and warm syrup to dunk them into for the full pancake-tasting experience. We, um, had seconds. And maybe thirds. And as we speak, the teenager is polishing them off as a before-dinner appetizer.
If you love pancakes, you are going to love this recipe for these cute mini pancake muffins with chocolate chips. Perfect for breakfast or a sweet snack!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Extra melted butter and maple syrup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 24 well mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into that muffin tin and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5-10 minutes ( know! So hard!)
- Serve with melted butter and syrup for heavenly dunking.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and along the way my recipes have also been featured in places including Huff Post, the Today Show, BuzzFeed and Glamour. My mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!
Framed Cooks is delighted to have appeared on these great sites!