These melt in your mouth brown sugar chocolate shortbread cookies take just four ingredients! Perfect as a delicious holiday gift or (just as important) for your own holiday cookie jar, because we all need some shortbread cookie deliciousness in the house.
These brown sugar chocolate shortbread cookies are a true Christmas miracle in my book. First of all, they take only four ingredients. Second of all, two of those four ingredients are chocolate and brown sugar, two of the best and most Christmas-y tastes in the world. Third, they are the perfect, perfect last minute Christmas gift if you have found yourself at that point in the holiday whirlwind. A plate of these and you are a Christmas superstar. Let’s make them!These melt in your mouth brown sugar shortbread cookies take just four ingredients!Click To TweetThe other two ingredients are butter and flour, and you need a biscuit cutter (or the top of a jar, or anything else round that roughly cookie-sized. Cream up the butter and the sugar, then add the flour, then add the chocolate. The mixture might look a little crumbly but never fear! We are going to mush it into a ball and pop it into the fridge to chill and everything is going to be right with the world.
After the dough is nice and chilled, roll out out until it is about 1/4 inch thick, and then grab your biscuit cutter (or jar top, or you can even just cut it into squares) and press out little rounds of cookie dough. Bake them up until they are just golden, cool them on a wire rack and that is that – perfect little chocolate-y shortbread cookies!
Now of course you can save them for your own holiday self, but they also make a great giftie. Put them on a pretty plate, or stack them up in a wide-mouth Mason jar, or go to town and make this peppermint plate and put them on that.
And then have yourself a merry little Christmas. Framed Cooks will be taking Christmas off to drink red wine hot chocolate and sing carols (badly but enthusiastically) and general hug everyone in sight, now that my chickies are home for the holidays. May yours be merry and bright, and see you on the other side!Print
- 1/2 pound butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, then chocolate. Dough might be a little crumbly – don’t worry!
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/4 inch thick – I like to do this on a silicone mat so it doesn’t stick.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a jar lid, press dough into round shapes and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks.