Here’s what’s happening in that oven. The bacon is cooking, and it is shrinking up ever slightly around the cracker. As it does, some of the bacon drippings are infusing themselves into the cracker. So that when you pop one in your mouth, it tastes like a gentle explosion of bacon and soft buttery cracker center and salty crispy cracker edges and oh my my MY. Your mouth is going to tell your brain this…
At which point you either need to invite a whole bunch of friends over, or immediately leave the house. Because eating all of them at once? Totally, completely possible. I’ve seen the light, and it’s bacon crackers. Bacon. Crackers. Don’t wait another minute.
Serves: 24 crackers
- 1 sleeve Town House or other oval butter crackers (about 24)
- 8 slices thin bacon, cut in thirds
- 1. Preheat oven to 250. Line a rimmed baking dish with foil and place a cooling rack on top.
- 2. Wrap each cracker in a piece of bacon and place it on the rack.
- 3. Bake for 2 hours or until bacon is cooked. Cool slightly and ENJOY! Preferably with a bunch of friends so you don't eat them all yourself.