Make sure your sour cream and your butter are at room temperature, and cook up your bacon until it is crispy. Cook the pasta and drain it, and then put it right back into the hot pasta pot. Now stir in the butter and the sour cream both at the same time until they are all melted and mixed together with your pasta. Stir in the bacon, scallions and poppy seeds…and that’s it! That’s all there is to it.
I dished mine into warmed plates, and for the next little while the only sound in our house was “Mmmmmmmm.” Creamy, dreamy, tangy pasta deliciousness. Which among other things just goes to show that all that time we’ve spent gazing into fridges does eventually pay off in the end!
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 8 ounces short pasta (penne, ziti, etc)
- 6 slices bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy
- ½ stick butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Return to the hot pasta pot.
- 2. Put the pot on the lowest heat setting on your stove and stir in butter and sour cream. Stir until both are melted and combined into the pasta.
- 3. Stir in scallions, poppy seeds and cooked bacon.
- 4. Serve at once on warmed plates.