It’s the day after Christmas and I don’t know about you, but I am, well, FULL. I’ve had more than my fair share of sugarplums and roast beast, and in this nice little lull between Christmas and New Year’s Eve I am going to be serving the Southern husband some nibbles for dinner instead of actual dinner. I’m also going to be pondering some fun appetizers for New Year’s Eve…and luckily, this easy deviled ham spread is going to work just great for both occasions!
This is another one of those lovely recipes that whirl up in no time in your friendly foodprocessor. A cooked ham steak (or cooked sliced ham if you happen to have that lounging around from a holiday dinner), a little cream cheese, a little mayo, a little mustard and a few other things are all processed into a creamy, tangy, slightly salty concoction that is just begging to be nibbled on everything from crackers to celery. Even endive if you are feeling extra fancy.
Adapted from Bon Appetit
Deviled Ham Spread
Author: Kate Jackson
Serves: Serves 6-8
- 8 ounces cooked ham
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Process ham in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese, mayo and mustard and pulse a few more times until mixed. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in shallot and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers or veggies.