The only other thing I need to tell you before you run into your kitchen to try this is the following: now that I have figured out that it is possible to eat coffee cake about 3 minutes after I get the urge to eat coffee cake…well, all I will say is that this is dangerous information. Proceed at your own delicious risk!
Serves: 2 mug-fulls of coffee cake!
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1. Put 2 tablespoons butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- 2. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla and stir.
- 3. Mix together ½ cup flour flour and baking powder and add to mixing bowl. Stir again.
- 4. In a separate small bowl, mix remaining butter, 4 tablespoons flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until crumbly.
- 5. Divide half of the egg mixture between two mugs. Divide half the cinnamon mixture and sprinkle into the mugs. Top with the remaining egg mixture, and then with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- 6. Microwave each mug (one at a time) for 1 minute and 15 seconds. The cake will puff up about an inch or so while it is cooking, so if you are using small mugs it will puff up over the top and if you are using regular sized mugs it won't - either is fine!
- 7. Let the cakes cool for a few minutes and then dig in with a spoon!