It’s light and airy and perfect. And the 1,848, 364th reason that you really, really do need to make your own ricotta. Trust me!
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 8 ounces short pasta (elbows, cavatappi, etc)
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 2 cups fresh ricotta
- Fresh basil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1. Cook pasta in heavily salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain. Return to pot.
- 2. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Add ricotta and stir gently until ricotta is worked into the pasta.
- 3. Pour a little pasta water into the pot until you have a very light sauce.
- 4. Divide among plates. Grind fresh pepper on top, scatter basil leaves on each plate and serve.