I understand that a deep love of blue cheese is essential to making this work, but I’m ready for that. And don’t worry, I’m still going to warm the plates, because I know that warm plates are one of the major reasons we have lasted so long. In the end, a relationship as long and devoted as ours has been is strong enough to weather any amount of change and come out even more delicious on the other side. So Fettuccine Alfredo, call me maybe? And this time, bring along the blue cheese and the artichokes!
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Fresh ground pepper
- One 9 ounce package thawed artichoke hearts
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cheeses and cream in a medium sized deep sides skillet over medium heat and stir until cheeses are melted. Add artichoke hearts and oregano and heat through.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss with tongs until well coated.
- Divide pasta among warmed plates, grind a generous amount of black pepper on top and serve.