Because what’s a club sandwich/salad without bacon? I ask you.
So, the most time-consuming (and by time-consuming I’m talking about 15 minutes start to finish) part is making the croutons. You cut up a couple of slices of hearty bread into cubes (I always have a loaf of this bread around…if you haven’t made it yet, you MUST! It’s heaven in bread form.) Toss the cubes around with a little olive oil and salt and bake them for abot 10 minutes. Voila – croutons!
Now mix up your mayo with some sour cream, lemon juice and chives, and spice it up with some salt and pepper. Take your prettiest salad bowl (things taste better in pretty bowls) and put the lettuce, tomato, bacon, turkey and croutons in it and toss everything around. Now add in the dressing and toss it around again. And there you have it! Turkey Club Sandwich Salad. Bring on that leftover turkey!
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 large slices hearty bread, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large slice turkey, cut up into bite sized pieces (about ½ to ¾ pound)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium head of romaine or iceberg lettuce, torn up
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Make croutons by tossing bread cubes with olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and toast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Place turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato and croutons in a large bowl and toss until well combined.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, lemon juice and chives together to make the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the bowl and toss again. Serve at once.