All you have left to do now is dish it out, grind on some fresh pepper and start twirling your quick but perfect fettuccine alfredo around your fork. One last hint: for this particular pasta dish, it is well worth the extra step of heating the plates you are going to serve it on. Just pop them in your oven (making sure they are oven-safe first!), turning it on to 200 degrees, and then taking them out right before you are ready to serve it up. The heated plates will keep the alfredo its creamy, silky self right up to the very last bite.
So go ahead and take a shortcut, fettuccine-wise!
Serves: 2 servings
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta until 2 minutes before it is done. Drain.
- 2. Heat butter and cream in a large skillet until simmering.
- 3. Add pasta to the simmering cream mixture, add the cheese and cook until pasta is done, tossing frequently.
- 4. Divide pasta among heated plates, garnish with fresh ground pepper and extra grated Parmesan and serve at once.