Okay, so ever since I made those French Toast Muffins a little ways back, I’ve been strangely obsessed with things I can make in my muffin pan. I don’t know if it is the whole portability thing, or just the fact that anything with the word “cupcake” or “muffin” in the title automatically makes my stomach growl. You could probably show me a recipe for Brussel Sprout Cupcakes and I would get hungry.
Okay, maybe not.Get ready for macaroni and cheese cupcakes with this easy recipe!Click To TweetBut in the case of these macaroni and cheese cupcakes, the second it occurred to me that macaroni and cheese could be made in a cupcake shape, I couldn’t make the dang things fast enough. And as it turns out, there are a few folks out there that share this little fascination of mine because as soon as I posted on my Facebook page that I was making these for dinner (as I do every day, but that is a discussion for another day) I started getting the comments and emails. So this little recipe moved right up to the head of the line in terms of blog postings, because far be it from me not to share the cupcake love around.
One essential hint for you. Do NOT skip the step that calls for lining your muffin pan with cupcake liners. These guys are just a little bit sticky, and if I hadn’t used the liners I fear that half the cupcake would have stuck to the muffin pan. And then I would have cried. Real tears. Use those muffin liners, and it wouldn’t hurt to even hit them with a quick sprintz of Pam.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus a little more for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- Cook the macaroni until done. Drain and immediately return to pot.
- Add cheese and stir briefly until almost melting.
- Beat eggs into milk, and then pour mixture into macaroni. Mix well.
- Ladle macaroni mixture into muffins tins, and bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.