I’m going to start out by putting this out there: I like to take my lunch to work with me. I like knowing exactly what I’m getting, and that it is fresh and healthy, and I purposely make extra of whatever I am making for dinner so I have lunch already ready and waiting when it is time to trundle into the office the next day.
So while this mango shrimp salad is one of our current favorite supper salads, it’s also one of my current favorite lunches…sweet and savory and crunchy and healthy and filling.This recipe is as simple as it is delicious. Shake up a quick dressing of lime juice, olive oil, honey, mustard and cumin (as always, I have an endless supply of cute little mason jars that work perfectly for this).
Toss some cooked shrimp and cubed mango (and here’s the best way to wrangle a mango) with avocado chunks, cucumber, scallions and cashews, drizzle with the dressing and voila! The perfect summertime supper…with leftovers for your lunch box!
What’s YOUR favorite lunchbox lunch?
For the dressing
- Juice from one lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (heat it in the microwave for about ten seconds to make it liquid)
For the salad
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Make the dressing: Put all dressing ingredients into a small jar, close the lid tightly and shake.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss gently. Drizzle with dressing, tasting as you go, until it is dressed to your liking.
- Enjoy right away…or as the perfect lunchbox lunch!
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!