While that is going on, make the sauce out of a little butter, flour, milk and blue cheese. When the cauliflower is ready, set it on a plate and drizzle the sauce on. Drizzle a LOT, and put the extra in a little pitcher in case folks want to do even more drizzling once they get their serving. Sprinkle some scallions on top and you are ready to roll.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, stem end cut out
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ pound blue cheese, crumbled
- One scallion, chopped
- Fill a large deep pot with 1 inch water, and place cauliflower in the pot. Cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes or until a paring knife slides easily into the cauliflower.
- Make sauce by melting butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for one minute. Add milk and and stir until mixture is slightly thickened. Add cheese and stir until melted.
- When the cauliflower is melted, pour sauce generously over the top and scatter scallions over the top. Serve with extra sauce in a pitcher.