I like to serve this with both crackers or toasted french bread slices and celery slices. I also like to serve it in small ice cream sundae glasses, because they look so much fun and because I recently found them when we were renovating our kitchen and now I have this burning need to use them at any and all opportunity.
So there you have it…a delicious nibble that is simple and fast and perfect, which in the heart of the holiday season is a gift in and of itself!
Serves: Makes about 3 cups
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (as always, I like the Cabot variety!)
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons horseradish
- Fresh ground pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Crackers and celery sticks for serving
- 1. Put all ingredients except for spices into food processor. Process until smooth, about one minute, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- 2. Season to taste with pepper.
- 3. Scoop into a pretty serving dish, sprinkle with paprika and serve with crackers and celery sticks.
Adapted just a little from the always wonderful Bon Appetit