You can of course serve this up with chopped veggies or crackers, but I love it with pulled toast. Pulled toast is bread that you have pulled into jagged pieces and toasted…it comes out with nice jagged edges that catch the dip, and gives the whole thing a nice satisfying crunch.
I have been known to serve this and only this to the Southern husband for supper. Poor guy. (Not!)
Serves: Serves about 4
- 1 small shallot, cut in half
- 1 stalk celery, cut in thirds
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning
- Tabasco or other hot sauce
- Chopped fresh chives for garmish
- 5 slices bread, pulled into jagged bite-sized pieces and toasted
- Put shallot and celery into food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add shrimp to processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese, horseradish, ketchup and Old Bay to food processor and process until well-combined. Season to taste with Tabasco and garnish with chopped chives.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with pulled toast.