All of this vegetable wonderfulness gets simmered up in some chicken broth, which is thickened with a little flour and spiced with a little poultry seasoning. After that, all that’s left to do is stir in some cooked shredded chicken and the pasta, and voila! A springtime version of chicken pot pie. Because it’s important to celebrate springtime in every way we can.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces short pasta (penne, campagnelle, ziti, etc)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 leek, light green and white part only, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine brands in the box)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1. Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Save ½ cup of the pasta water and drain.
- 2. Melt butter in a large deep skillet. Add leeks, carrots and celery and stir for three minutes.
- 3. Add flour and stir until it is mixed into the vegetables. Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring.
- 4. Add poultry seasoning and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5. Stir in chicken until heated through. Add pasta and stir. If the sauce is too thick, thin with a little of the reserved pasta water and serve at once.