A couple of words of wisdom from my mom about these. First of all, they are very fragile when they are warm, so no matter how much self-control it takes, let them cool before you pick them up. Drive to another state if you need to. Second, the recipe makes, um, 75-80 cookies. That’s because they are small little babies…you measure out the dough with a teaspoon. 75-80 may seem like a lot now, but when you turn around and they are gone, 75-80 will seem like nowhere near enough.
So there you go, perfectly perfect peanut butter cookies. Go make ’em!
Serves: About 75 small cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together peanut butter and sugar.
- Mix egg and baking soda. Add egg mixture to peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Roll level spoonfuls of dough into balls and using a fork make slight crosshatch marks in each.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool 2-3 minutes on the cookies sheet, then on a rack. (Just slide the paper on to the rack aafter the first cooling. The cookies are very fragile when warm.)
Recipe adapted from Gourmet