Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

I have been bad. I have been very, very bad.

I took a roll of those refrigerated cinnamon rolls – the one that pops open when you pull the paper off the roll. I unrolled each of the uncooked cinnamon rolls into a long cinnamon roll dough strip. I took a strip of bacon, laid it on top of the dough, rolled it back up, and baked it until the rolls and the bacon were all cooked together. I frosted them with the white sugar frosting that comes with the cinnamon roll dough.

And I ate one. The Southern husband ate one. (Well, three, if we are being completely accurate.) The teenager ate one. The dog ate the last bite of mine (she was sitting at my feet whimpering and looking at me with those EYES of hers).

And it was GOOD. Oh man, was it good.

I found this recipe while doing one of my favorite things to do on the computer, which is Googling the word ‘bacon.” Because you never know…and sure enough, I came across this site called Bacon Today. They have bacon recipes, bacon products, bacon songs, bacon videos…they are very serious about their bacon. And amid all that stuff was this recipe for bacon cinnamon rolls. I was a goner from the first second I saw it…it was really only a matter of time.

A couple of notes on this one. I used the bacon straight out of the package, and after 15 minutes in the oven the rolls were nice and brown, and the bacon was cooked but not crispy. Which is fine – in our house we all happen to like our bacon on the chewy side. If you like your bacon well-done, you might want to nuke it for a couple of minutes before rolling it up into the dough. Second, don’t worry if your cinnamon roll dough doesn’t unroll perfectly. Mine came apart here and there, but just mush it back together and you will be just fine.

I think that is all I have to say about this one.

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

1 package refrigerated cinnamon rolls (the kind in the tube)
8 slices bacon (and if you like your bacon well done, cook it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes)

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Separate rolls and unroll into long strips. Lay one slice of bacon on top of each strip and roll back up, pressing the dough together as needed. Place on greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are browned and bacon is cooked.
4. Spread frosting from dough package on top of rolls while still hot.
5. Stand back out of the way. These babies are best right out of the oven!
Recipe adapted from Bacon Today
Yum

Comments

1. This sounds pretty good. I actually just sent the link to Bacon Today to my son, who loves bacon more than any human should!

2. My husband swears that everything is better with bacon. He would love these.

3. Oh. Oh my. Maybe I'll try this and see what all those bacon-maple-doughnut people are freaking out about.

4. Oh good lord this looks AMAZING! It's now on my list of things to try!!! <3

mp

5. Cinnamon rolls AND Bacon?!!! I can here that little dog on the commercial in my head right now saing: "B-A-C-O-N!!!!" (Of course he was saying that about a dog food with bacon in it, but that just goes to show that EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!!! LOL)

6. Oh jeeez… we don't eat bacon and these still look delicious !
    I have to go look at your nacho recipe now.
    We are heading into summer quickly now, gotta find salads etc ..

7. vanillasugar says:

ok, we are speaking a language i know best. i am so sure these were just heavenly.

8. Linda in New Mexico says:

Oh no….now you are going to be my husband's favorite bloggie posting woman…you combined his second and third most loved things in the universe together. Me being the first of course (at least I'm hoping after 38 years that's the case). Now I'm gonna go to Bacon Today and see how else I can seduce…er…fix for Sweet Man. Thanks, this sounds great.

9. so you were right when you said that you are bad. Very bad. If by bad you mean. A genius. I need to start googling random things. What about donuts? I think they'd be a good start.

10. Droooooooooling!!

11. YUM! I could make these this weekend – so simple & yummy!

12. Can I get an Amen?

13. Nutmeg Nanny says:

Ummmm this looks freaking amazing! I'm totally trying it :)

14. Looks & Books says:

Bless you. I can't wait to try this.

15. Looks & Books says:

Bless you. I can't wait to try this.

16. All Things Yummy says:

Wow, that looks sooo yummy. I've got to try it.

17. Oh, man these look good! I love a bit of bacon with sweet things. I plan on making great bacon and sweetcorn cupcakes with maple syrup cream cheese frosting this weekend, very much in the similar vein. Mmmm, bacon :)

18. Duane Romanell says:

You evil (wonderful) temptress… Gah!

19. You and that Pioneer Woman are very bad influences!

20. oh my! *closes eyes* I do not need to know how to make this!!!!

21. I think this post just gave me a heart attack.

And I don't think we have cinnamon buns in a tube in Glasgow =(…much to my dismay, but probs best for my heart.

Claire
    xo

22. that sounds disgusting.
    i have to try it.

23. YIKES, this is TOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! My hubs LOVES cinnamon rolls, even the **llsbury kind. He'll eat ALL of these!!!!!!!!!!! How easy can it GET??? I love what ahlin said, too!!

24. Why do I want to go to the grocery store right now?! You're my hero today!

25. OH My Gosh.
    These sound heavenly
    Thank U 4 the recipe.
    I know what we will be eating around here come Sunday morning. :}
    Colleen

26. Top Rated Cameras says:

Oh my gosh! That's so mouth watering! :)

I personally love how you shot this specially the first picture! It appeared to be more yummy!

27. Yes. Oh my god, yes. I'm going to have to make these immediately. If bacon works with chocolate chip cookies, then cinnamon rolls are a slamdunk. Excellent!

28. smalltownoven says:

Oh this looks right up my alley. Heavens I'm off to the store right now so I can make this!

29. Oh my this is brilliant! My father will go mad if he hears of such an idea!

30. This looks amazing… who would have thought to put bacon in it.
    Bacon and butter is a lethal combo!

31. Joudie's Mood Food says:

I think God heard my wish and answered my prayers! Yummy.

32. Anonymous says:

Just a note- The Pillsbury Grands rolls work fantastic for these. Sometimes the cheap, smaller rolls don't actually… unroll.

33. I have no intention of ever getting over the bacon trend… Although I can't say that the canned version usually makes it into my house, the next time I make cinnamon rolls there will totally be bacon in them.

34. i bow to your brilliance–this is a tremendous idea.

35. Alexandra says:

this is so wrong and so right in so many different ways.

36. EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!!! I'll definitely have to try out these bad boys.

37. Chocolate Covered Bacon says:

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls is my dream to prepare this coming next month. I will be going home and I am happy to know that I got the recipe for Bacon Cinnamon Rolls.

38. free emr says:

The refrigerated cinnamon rolls is very delicious. I love how it is presented in the blog post so eye catching. Yummy. One of this days I will make one of this. Thanks for sharing the recipe to your readers I really appreciate the efforts.

1. […] for Keira Knightley.  My love is true and ever-lasting, and I will put bacon in anything from cinnamon rolls to pralines.  Some of my friends are a little concerned about me (you know who you are!) but hey, […]

2. […] blog for more than a week or so know that I consider bacon to be one of the main food groups.  Bacon cinnamon rolls, bacon pizza, buttermilk bacon pralines….there’s not too much I won’t put bacon […]

3. […] regular basis from making those Very Bad (and by Very Bad I mean Incredibly Decadently Scrumptious) bacon cinnamon rolls every dang day.  But then I saw these cookies, and new cinnamon vistas opened up for me.  Vistas […]

4. […] who have been reading this blog for a while know all about my wild love affair with bacon.  The bacon cinnamon rolls.  The bacon pancakes.  The bacon cheddar bagel panini.  I thought I knew what true love was, […]