Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

I have been bad. I have been very, very bad.

I took a roll of those refrigerated cinnamon rolls – the one that pops open when you pull the paper off the roll. I unrolled each of the uncooked cinnamon rolls into a long cinnamon roll dough strip. I took a strip of bacon, laid it on top of the dough, rolled it back up, and baked it until the rolls and the bacon were all cooked together. I frosted them with the white sugar frosting that comes with the cinnamon roll dough.

And I ate one. The Southern husband ate one. (Well, three, if we are being completely accurate.) The teenager ate one. The dog ate the last bite of mine (she was sitting at my feet whimpering and looking at me with those EYES of hers).

And it was GOOD. Oh man, was it good.

I found this recipe while doing one of my favorite things to do on the computer, which is Googling the word ‘bacon.” Because you never know…and sure enough, I came across this site called Bacon Today. They have bacon recipes, bacon products, bacon songs, bacon videos…they are very serious about their bacon. And amid all that stuff was this recipe for bacon cinnamon rolls. I was a goner from the first second I saw it…it was really only a matter of time.

A couple of notes on this one. I used the bacon straight out of the package, and after 15 minutes in the oven the rolls were nice and brown, and the bacon was cooked but not crispy. Which is fine – in our house we all happen to like our bacon on the chewy side. If you like your bacon well-done, you might want to nuke it for a couple of minutes before rolling it up into the dough. Second, don’t worry if your cinnamon roll dough doesn’t unroll perfectly. Mine came apart here and there, but just mush it back together and you will be just fine.

I think that is all I have to say about this one.

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

• 1 package refrigerated cinnamon rolls (the kind in the tube)
  • 8 slices bacon (and if you like your bacon well done, cook it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes)
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Separate rolls and unroll into long strips. Lay one slice of bacon on top of each strip and roll back up, pressing the dough together as needed. Place on greased cookie sheet.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are browned and bacon is cooked.
  4. Spread frosting from dough package on top of rolls while still hot.
  5. Stand back out of the way. These babies are best right out of the oven!
Recipe adapted from Bacon Today

Comments

1. citymouse says

This sounds pretty good. I actually just sent the link to Bacon Today to my son, who loves bacon more than any human should!

2. PoetessWug says

Cinnamon rolls AND Bacon?!!! I can here that little dog on the commercial in my head right now saing: "B-A-C-O-N!!!!" (Of course he was saying that about a dog food with bacon in it, but that just goes to show that EVERYTHING tastes better with bacon!!! LOL)

3. a Broad says

Oh jeeez… we don't eat bacon and these still look delicious !
    I have to go look at your nacho recipe now.
    We are heading into summer quickly now, gotta find salads etc ..

4. Linda in New Mexico says

Oh no….now you are going to be my husband's favorite bloggie posting woman…you combined his second and third most loved things in the universe together. Me being the first of course (at least I'm hoping after 38 years that's the case). Now I'm gonna go to Bacon Today and see how else I can seduce…er…fix for Sweet Man. Thanks, this sounds great.

5. Joanne says

so you were right when you said that you are bad. Very bad. If by bad you mean. A genius. I need to start googling random things. What about donuts? I think they'd be a good start.

6. EMM says

Oh, man these look good! I love a bit of bacon with sweet things. I plan on making great bacon and sweetcorn cupcakes with maple syrup cream cheese frosting this weekend, very much in the similar vein. Mmmm, bacon :)

7. LynnieBNC says

YIKES, this is TOOOOOOOOOO much!!!! My hubs LOVES cinnamon rolls, even the **llsbury kind. He'll eat ALL of these!!!!!!!!!!! How easy can it GET??? I love what ahlin said, too!!

8. Anonymous says

OH My Gosh.
    These sound heavenly
    Thank U 4 the recipe.
    I know what we will be eating around here come Sunday morning. :}
    Colleen

9. Top Rated Cameras says

Oh my gosh! That's so mouth watering! :)

I personally love how you shot this specially the first picture! It appeared to be more yummy!

10. Ian says

Yes. Oh my god, yes. I'm going to have to make these immediately. If bacon works with chocolate chip cookies, then cinnamon rolls are a slamdunk. Excellent!

11. Anonymous says

Just a note- The Pillsbury Grands rolls work fantastic for these. Sometimes the cheap, smaller rolls don't actually… unroll.

12. Brilynn says

I have no intention of ever getting over the bacon trend… Although I can't say that the canned version usually makes it into my house, the next time I make cinnamon rolls there will totally be bacon in them.

13. Chocolate Covered Bacon says

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls is my dream to prepare this coming next month. I will be going home and I am happy to know that I got the recipe for Bacon Cinnamon Rolls.

14. free emr says

The refrigerated cinnamon rolls is very delicious. I love how it is presented in the blog post so eye catching. Yummy. One of this days I will make one of this. Thanks for sharing the recipe to your readers I really appreciate the efforts.