This easy recipe for jalapeno poppers is perfect for your next tailgate. Or party. Or just when you want a spicy, cheesy snack! Bet you can’t eat just one (trust me, you will WANT to eat more than just one!)
These jalapeño poppers are a snap to make, and I really, truly did want to eat every single last one of them my own self…and I actually did eat two of them. But these are SPICY little numbers, and after two of them my eyes were watering just a little.
However, anyone who really knows me will tell you that despite my very naughty recipe for Frito Chili Pie, I am pretty much a total wimp when it comes to anything with any sort of spicy kick to it, and therefore the wonderfully spicy Southern husband is a much better judge of this particular recipe. And so I asked him for a quote about them, and here it is:
“These jalapeno poppers popped for me!! Mingling the taste of the cheese, bacon & spicy peppers took me back to my southern roots, where we always looked forward to a nice spicy snack or meal, usually involving bacon & barbeque.”
And I can confirm this by saying I put these down next to him while he was watching the football game last weekend and 2 seconds later the plate was empty. And the dog was in the other room.
This easy recipe for jalapeno poppers is perfect for your next tailgate. Or party. Or just when you want a spicy, cheesy snack!So if you are a fan of fun, spicy finger food, these are most definitely for you.
A word to the wise on preparing these or anything else involving a jalepeno pepper. WEAR GLOVES. I am not kidding. If you don’t, and a few hours later you rub your eyes (or take out your contact lenses, even worse)…I don’t even want to think about it.
Okay then! Now go make them for the spiciest person you know.Print
This easy recipe for jalapeno poppers is perfect for your next tailgate. Or party. Or just when you want a spicy, cheesy snack!
- 18 fresh jalapenos
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 18 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- PUT ON GLOVES! (I get the box of latex surgical gloves at CVS. They are perfect for this sort of thing).
- Cut the jalapenos in half length-wise and take out the seeds and membranes with a spoon or your gloved fingers.
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar and onion in a bowl until combined.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cheese mixture.
- Wrap each bacon half-slice around the pepper and secure with a toothpick.
- Brush with bbq sauce.
- Now and only now may you remove the gloves.
- Bake in preheated 275 oven for one hour or until bacon is cooked and sizzling.
- Can be served hot or at room temperature, if they last that long.
Hi there! I’m Kate, and I’m a recipe writer, food photographer and devoted bacon lover. I started Framed Cooks in 2009, and my mission is to create and share family-friendly recipes that make cooking both easy and fun…yes, I said FUN! My kitchen is my happy place, and I want yours to be that place too. Let’s cook together!