Phew, made it right under the cauliflower wire.
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine and Pacific brand in the box, not the can)
- 1 head cauliflower (about a pound), broken into large pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 five ounce can evaporated milk
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (I love the Cabot brand!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Add all ingredients except milk and cheese to a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 1½ hours until cauliflower is very tender.
- Ladle mixture into a food processor and process until smooth. (Depending on the size of your food processor you may need to do this in batches.)
- Return pureed mixture to saucepan and stir in milk and cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls, garnish with a little parsley and serve.
Recipe adapted from BETTY CROCKER SMART COOK