Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
All the wonderfulness of traditional Boston Cream Pie, but in cupcake form! Make this easy recipe for Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes for someone you love.
- Author: Kate Morgan Jackson
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 cupcakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines) plus ingredients to prepare cake
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding plus milk to prepare pudding
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Spray two 12 serving cupcake pans with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to box instructions and bake in cupcake pans until done, following the cupcake preparation instructions on the box. Cool and carefully remove from pans.
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to box instructions and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble your cupcakes
- When cupcakes are completely cool, cut each one in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
- Prepare chocolate topping by bringing cream to a full boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate and syrup and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir thoroughly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Assemble cupcakes by spooning one tablespoon of pudding onto each cupcake bottom half. Top with top half. Spoon chocolate glaze on, about one tablespoon per cupcake, letting some drip down the sides if you like.
- You can either serve immediately or cover and hold for up to a day. If you are holding them, put them on a tray in rows, and insert a blunt toothpick into the cupcakes at the ends of the rows. Cover with plastic wrap – the toothpicks should keep the plastic high enough to keep from sticking to the chocolate.
- Cake Mix: You can use whatever yellow cake mix you want – look for the 15. 25 ounce size, and check the back of the box to make sure you have the ingredients to make the cupcakes (usually eggs and vegetable oil).
- Pudding: You can also use whatever instant vanilla pudding mix you like.
- Chocolate: We like the mini chips because they melt nicely. You can use regular size chips but give them a whirl in the food processor first for easy melting.
Keywords: kid friendly boston cream pie cupcakes, vegetarian boston cream pie cupcake recipe