These quick and easy middle of the cinnamon roll muffins give you that perfect center of the roll taste we all save for last!
For the muffins
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup finely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Line a muffin tin with 12 standard sized paper liners and preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Put butter in a mixer and beat on high speed until fluffy, about 30 seconds. Reduce speed to medium and slowly pour in sugar, scraping down the sides of the mixer as needed. Beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, beating well, followed by vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and milk in about 3 stages.
- Spoon one tablespoon batter into each muffin cup. Top with a generous teaspoon of cinnamon mixture. Spoon remaining batter on top of each muffin, and then sprinkle with a generous topping of cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in the muffin tin until the muffins are cool enough to take out, and then remove and finish cooling on a rack.
- Mix sugar, vanilla and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over top of muffins (or you can make your own disposable pastry bag by filling a zip-close sandwich bag with the glaze, snipping off one corner with a scissors and squeezing the glaze out through the opening).
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!