Cobbler isn’t just for fruit anymore with this easy recipe for chicken vegetable cobbler! A creamy mixture of chicken and veggies with a golden brown crust.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (I like the Imagine brand)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 medium carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400. Put oil in large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and rosemary and bring to a boil. Add carrots and chicken and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add peas and stir for one more minute. Remove rosemary and discard.
- Whisk cornstarch with a few tablespoons of cool water to make a slurry and add it to skillet. Stir until liquid thickens, and then transfer the chicken mixture to an ovenproof casserole.
- Put flour in food processor with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and process until combined, about 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl and mix in buttermilk and egg until it comes together into a sticky dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto chicken mixture and smooth it out, covering as much of the surface as you can. Leave a few holes for the steam to escape. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown. Scoop onto plates or bowls and serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!