This fun recipe for cheeseburger macaroni and cheese is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser! Two great supper tastes in one bowl.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped iceburg lettuce for garnish
- Chopped cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Dill pickle relish for garnish
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and and cook until flour is well mixed in with the butter, about a minute.
- Pour in milk, whisking constantly until mixture is smooth. Stir until boiling and then reduce heat to low. Simmer until mixture thickens a little, about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain it and return to pot.
- Turn off the heat under the sauce, whisk in cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add pasta and stir until the pasta is coated in cheesy deliciousness. Add the cooked beef and stir again.
- Divide among bowls and garnish with lettuce, tomato and relish (or anything else you like on your cheeseburgers!) Serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!